Gettysburg College Bookstore - Textbook Refund Guidelines
- New, Used and Rental textbooks are fully refundable during the first five (5) days of classes with a valid Gettysburg College Bookstore receipt.
- New books MUST be returned in new condition to be considered for a refund.
- Due to publisher guidelines, Bundles/Packaged Course Materials that are removed from the original shrink-wrap packaging may not be refunded. Bundled/Packaged Course Materials are identified with a NON-RETURNABLE sticker on the front/back of the packaging.
- During the Drop/Add Period (first ten days of a term), textbook refunds require the following: a valid Gettysburg College Bookstore receipt and copy of the Drop/Add slip signed by instructor and Registrar.
- If a textbook is purchased or rented from the Gettysburg College Bookstore and found to be defective, the Bookstore will exchange for another copy of the same textbook.
- Refunds will be issued to the original form of payment.
- Due to publisher guidelines, textbooks that are removed from the original shrink-wrap packaging CANNOT be returned.
- Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment.
- Gettysburg College Bookstore will determine if a textbook is acceptable for a refund.
General Merchandise Refund Guidelines
- Register receipt required for all returns.
- Merchandise must be returned within 30 days of purchase.
- Merchandise must be returned in the same condition it was purchased.
- Refund will be applied to the original form of payment.
- Sale merchandise is non returnable
Gettysburg College Bookstore - Textbook Buyback Guidelines
- The Bookstore provides textbook buyback at the end of each semester in conjunction with Final Exams.
- If faculty requests a specific textbook for the upcoming semester, the Bookstore will offer to buy back the needed copies of the textbook at a greater value (up to 50% of the original purchase price).
- Once the Bookstore has reached its needed supply, the buyback value of the textbook drops (from up to 50% of original purchase price) to wholesale (0 – 30% of original purchase price).
- Wholesale value (0 - 30% of original purchase price) is the national average value for a textbook determined by available supplies and demand on College/University campuses.
- The Bookstore will buyback textbooks no matter where they were purchased, provided we have a need or the textbook has Wholesale value.
- The Bookstore pays cash for textbooks we buyback.
- DO NOT SELL YOUR RENTED TEXTBOOKS – Rental books must be returned to the Bookstore by 5:30pm the last day of final exams to avoid significant, additional charges.
- Some course materials have little or no monetary value:
- Out of print title
- Old edition
- Instructor, Complimentary or International editions
- Questionable condition
- Access Code
- Art Supplies
- For the protection of our students, we always require valid student identification when selling textbooks.
- Textbooks thought to be missing, lost or stolen should be reported to the Office of Public Safety.
Questions about your order?Please contact us at: 1-800-337-6367 or email@example.com
If returning an order, please include a note with specific instructions, contact information, and a valid receipt.
Please send to:
Gettysburg College Bookstore
300 North Washington Street
College Union Building
Campus Box 429
Gettysburg, PA 17325