Gettysburg College Bookstore - Textbook Return Policy
- Textbooks are fully returnable for the first 5 days of classes, provided the proper cash register receipt can be provided.
- New books MUST be returned in new condition.
- Proper cash register receipt MUST accompany all returns.
- There is an additional time period for textbooks to be returned for dropped classes only. Approximately another 10 business days. Please call the Bookstore for the exact date for each semester.
- When returning textbooks after dropping a class, you must provide the proper cash register receipt, and a dropped class form signed by both the Registrars Office and the professor of the class.
- Defective copies of textbooks may be exchanged for another copy of the same book.
- Due to publisher guidelines, textbooks that are removed from the original shrink-wrap packaging CANNOT be returned.
- Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment.
- If you lose your original cash register receipt, the College Bookstore is not responsible for providing proof of purchase.
- The College Bookstore is the sole judge in determining if a textbook is acceptable for return.
General Merchandise Return Policy
- Register receipt required for all returns.
- Merchandise must be returned within 30 days of purchase.
- Merchandise must be returned in the same condition it was purchased.
- Refund will be applied to the original form of payment.
- Sale merchandise is non returnable
- For textbook returns, please see the policy listed above
Textbook Buyback Policy
- The College Bookstore provides textbook buyback once each semester during finals week.
- If a faculty member orders a textbook for the next semester before buyback week begins, you will receive 50% of the original purchase price back in cash. The textbook must be the exact same ISBN, title, edition, and be accompanied by all the necessary components to meet this policy.
- If the textbook is not reordered, the book goes out on a national database for the textbook buyback price. This price is completely based on supply and demand on a national level.
- You must present your student id to sell back textbooks.
- Textbooks that are damaged, have too much writing, or used too heavily may be refused.
Questions about your order?
Please contact us at: 1-800-337-6367 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If returning an order, please include a note with specific instructions, contact information, and a valid receipt.
Please send to:
Gettysburg College Bookstore
300 North Washington Street
College Union Building
Campus Box 429
Gettysburg, PA 17325